The Competitions Panel has reluctantly decided to cancel the British Championship Open in Grand Bornand in June.
We had left the decision as long as possible hoping that the situation would improve sufficiently for a safe and sporting competition to be run. Unfortunately despite the positive statements from the French government this week the local organisers are not sufficiently confident that the local infrastructure will be able to cope with an international competition in June. We totally understand and agree with this position and hence in the interests of safety for competitors and the local community the competition is cancelled. All competitors will receive a full refund in the next few days.
Over the coming weeks the Panel will review whether we can stage the Championship Open in August/September at different overseas venue; currently our options include St. Andre, Tolmin and Ager.
The main issue of unknown future control conditions on overseas travel however remains and should the situation not improve sufficiently by early June we will look at running a mobile UK round (North South Cup style) in late August.
We hope to return to flying soon and will post here again as soon as we have more news for you.