Your place at a competition will not be confirmed unless:
- You meet the minimum Pilot Entry Requirements for the British Paragliding Championships.
- Places are available at the competition you wish to attend.
- We have received your payment for the competition.
Click HERE for a description of the pilot entry requirements for 2013.
On registering for a competition you will receive an email stating that your registration is awaiting approval. Once approved you will receive a second email requesting you pay for the competition to secure your place; the email will include a link to a Payment Page on our website.
Registration for a competition is run on a ‘first paid, first confirmed’ basis until the competition is full. If you delay, you risk not getting a place at the competition, so please register and get your payment to us as early as possible to guarantee your place.
Once a competition is full, pilots will be added to a waiting list and then if a place becomes available it will be offered to the pilot on the list with the highest WPRS Ranking. The pilot will receive an email from us and have 1 week to pay for the competition before the place is offered to the next highest ranked pilot on the list.
All selection conflicts will be resolved using the relevant WPRS rankings.
The status of your competition registration will be shown HERE on our website.
The entry fee and discount (where applicable) for each competition in 2013 is:
|Early Bird||until 31 March||£150||£20 discount on ‘Full’ price|
|Standard||until 31st May||£160||£10 discount on ‘Full’ price|
|Late||from 1st June||£170||No discount. ‘Full’ price|
Discount amounts and dates will be strictly adhered to. If you do not pay for a competition until after a discount end date then you will be charged the increased amount as advertised.
Payments are made on our website via PayPal with a Credit Card, Debit Card, or using your own PayPal account. PayPal uses data encryption for the protection of your card details. The pilot entry fee includes the fee charged by PayPal for administering your online payment. We do NOT accept cheques or American Express. If you wish to pay for more than one person’s entry fee on-line you must do so logged-in as each pilot.
If you are offered a place at a competition venue, at the start of the competition, then you must pay your pilot entry fee in cash, in the local currency.
The pilot entry fee for each competition is set according to the real cost of organising and hosting the competition. We do not aim to make a profit.
Please Contact Us if you have a difficulty making payment.
For each competition entered, any pilot who cancels their registration will be given a refund as follows:
- Cancellation date more than 60 days before competition start date: 50% refund
- Cancellation date between 60 and 30 days before competition start date: 30% refund
- Cancellation date less than 30 days before competition start date: 0% refund
The following caveats apply:
- Any pilot proving (with medical certificate) incapacity to compete through illness or injury will receive an 80% refund.
- For each competition that is fully subscribed, any pilot who has cancelled and for whom a replacement is found, will receive a full refund less a £10 admin fee.