British Championship Open 2020 – Update

The Panel has reluctantly decided that owing to on-going uncertainty caused by the Covid-19 pandemic there will be no British Championship Open in 2020. We had hoped to be able to organise something later this summer but with general concerns over renewed outbreaks and the potential for further travel disruption we felt we couldn’t be 100% sure of holding a fair and sporting competition.

We are planning our next event, the British Winter Open, once again at Roldanillo, Colombia, in January 2021. It would be great to repeat last year’s epic event with the legendary racing conditions of the Cauca valley. Local organiser Lucho Jimenez has exciting plans to take us on a mini tour of the valley to include the Piedechinche and Anselmo Nuevo launches. Obviously all will depend on the situation with regards Covid-19, so fingers crossed. We hope to have positive news for you later in the year.